Using SketchUp to enter the contest
SketchUp can be used to create models for this contest. SketchUp Pro and the Pro Evaluation both export COLLADA (DAE) files directly. The free version of SketchUp can export Google Earth (KMZ) files which contain a COLLADA model. To extract a COLLADA model from a KMZ file follow these steps:
- Export your SketchUp model to KMZ.
- Change the file extension from ".kmz" to ".zip".
- Double-click on the ZIP file.
- Double-click on the "models" folder.
- Locate the DAE file. Copy and paste this file to your Desktop.
- Check your file's appearance in a COLLADA viewer like Swirl X3D Viewer©
- Submit your model to the contest.